Monday 12 May 2008

Eyes cried shut

Hi. My thing’s broken.
No, it’s not.
What?
It’s not. It’s your other thing that’s broken.
I see. But will you at least have a look at the thing which I think is broken?
No. I’m going to concentrate on the other thing, the thing which I think is broken.
Right. It’s just, well, I’ve had this thing all my life and so I kind of know that it’s bust.
No.
No?
No. I can tell without looking that it’s your other thing that’s broken.
You seem very sure.
Never been surer.
Hmm. Okay. So if we fix the thing which you say is broken....
I don't just say that it's broken, I know that it's broken.
Sorry, yes, sorry. But if we fix that, though, then the thing which I say is broken will be fixed as a result?
Yes.
Brilliant. So what do I do?
Go to see an assortment of people over the next twenty years and then come back and tell me how successful I've been.
Um, okay. But only because you seem so sure....

*********************

Hi. My thing’s still broken.
No, it’s not.
What?
It’s not. It’s your other thing that’s still broken.
I see. But will you at least now have a look at the thing which I think is broken?
No. I’m still going to concentrate on the other thing, the thing which I think is broken.
Now look here, old bean, steady on. I've tried very hard to be patient, you know, and yet I'm being made to feel that I'm somehow lying or laz.....why are you doing that? Why have you got your fingers in your ears? Stop it. Stop going la la la la la. Stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop it, stop.

 
.
Irish Blogs
Copyright © 2006-2012 TPE. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Sorry about that. (All comments © the individual authors.)