Sunday 29 July 2007

Eight Random Facts

I've been "tagged" by Reading The Signs and Mellifluous Dark. (thank you, both, that was nice of you.)


Here are the "Rules":
(Note from Signs: Please adapt or ignore as you see fit).

1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them.

Right.

1) My (maternal) grandfather worked in counter espionage during WW2. He was a very good man.

2) My (paternal) grandmother was an actress and staggeringly efficient at being a hypochondriac. She would often talk in tongues, sometimes to the family dog. (why not?)

3) My mum (before she retired) was a clinical psychologist.

4) My dad (before he went to jail) was a criminal.

5) I honestly believe that my dog is more attractive than most people's children..........

and she certainly has better table manners. That isn’t a joke, she really does. She will sit on the chair, even after she has finished her food, and happily wait for me to finish mine. No, this is not something to be encouraged, obviously, and I only let her do it occasionally.

6) My younger sister has written for The Times, The Telegraph, The Guardian, The Daily Mail (for shame) and all the usual suspects. Now she does something with slebs, though. She is an astonishingly gifted little creep, and I feel like telling people that fact. Even strangers.

7) When I was fourteen, I got picked up on a bus by a woman who was thirty-eight. She took me to her flat and totally devoured me, wild, like her life depended on it, completely and loopily crazed. She really just sort of used me dementedly for a three week spell of weirdness - angry, I think, in her own destabilising lusts. I know what she did was wrong, but I don’t care, because I liked it and thought she was lovely as well as being a total ride. I was still exchanging Christmas cards with her right up until a couple of years ago.

8) I used to have a guinea pig called Grassy.

These are the eight people I'm going to tag. Two of them don't have blogs, but we'll see how it goes:

Nicola - blogger profile/00112821049194722614
Political Umpire (still the very best - I love him and want to have his children)
Danielle De Barbarac - profile/03238002356465013397
stacy68.blogspot.com
Benticore - aeshemafury.blogspot.com
Claud (you know who you are - come back, come back)

And 2 others, of course.


 
.
Irish Blogs
Copyright © 2006-2012 TPE. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Sorry about that. (All comments © the individual authors.)